AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted a similar post about a week ago & did not get much of a response. Perhaps my problem is MY PROBLEM. Using an optical signal & the DST DD set to on, I find when flipping to a DD channel the audio locks up, if I enter the dst menu & toggle DD off I get sound, toggle again to on & DD works fine. This procedure is the ONLY way I can get DD. I don't want to "toggle" every time I want to watch a program with 5.1 material. Anyone else with this problem? I also have a DirectTivo & checked DD on Starz & it works fine so I know it is not a receiver problem. This is my third DST with the same problem & am beginning to think the problem is mine. I would be embarrassed to do a fourth exchange but at 850.00 I cant "live with it". Please help me.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I think if you scroll down you will find a similar post regarding the DST 3000 and audio issues.

------------------

Peter L.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
toshiba5,

I did read the other post you were referring to & I thank you for the heads up. However, I do not get dropouts, I get no sound at all. I called Toshiba on this matter & you can probably imagine the response I received. Owning a Toshiba 56H80 I would like to stick with the DST but the Sony is starting to look like a viable option.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Yat,

I get a similar problem with my Mits HD5 (same guts as your DST3k) and my Denon receiver.

With DD switched to ON in the STB setup, the Denon's 'Overload/Error' light goes on whenever I switch to a channel with DD. In my case, if I just toggle the Denon from digital to analog and back, it seems to reset the Denon's input buffer and then everything works. Seems as though the STB sends out bad bits when staring a new DD source, and my receiver is not smart enough to reset the error condition on its own.

I usually just leave the STB set to non-DD (i.e., PCM) and put it into DD when I'm watching a movie.

------------------

R. Aster, scanning the forums

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.