AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new DST-3000 has some kind of problem with audio. I'm using the optical output routed to my Denon 3200. It starts out working fine, but when I change channels, the Denon's "Error/Overload" light comes on and I get no audio. If I switch to the analog input and back, it seems to somehow reset, and I get Dolby Digital fine, until I change channels again. This same optical input worked fine with my old Mitsu DD satellite box.

Anyone else seen this, or know what's going on? Thanks.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I don't know what is going on, but I have the same problem with Denon equipment. I have a seperate Denon outboard decoder, which plugs into my receiver, if I swith channels, and it now longer gets a DD bitstream, I have to reselect the optical output when I go back to a channel with DD. It's a pain. I only put on DD when I know that I am going to be watching a whole show or movie without channel surfing other channels.

·
Registered
750 Posts
I have a Toshiba DST-3000 and Denon 3801. I don't have any problems switching channels or getting audio lock-ups like you're describing. However, none of my locals send a DD 5.1 signal yet -- but I'm getting the DD2.0 Pro Logic stuff fine. I'm using the optical connection and I get DD5.1 fine on HBO HD (and other HBO and Starz! channels).

I wonder if there is something about earlier generation Denon decoders that make them more picky?

·
Registered
556 Posts
Tomb,

I have the same equipment and the same problem. There have been several threads on this over the last six months -- seems to be a problem with the Denon stuff from that era. No solution other than set the output on your IRD to PCM most of the time and only switch when you are watching something important like a movie with DD5.1.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.