AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Last I read, NO Toshiba devices have discrete on/offs codes because of the way Toshiba designs things.

·
Premium Member
7,158 Posts
Actually some Toshiba devices do, including my Tosh 5109 DVD. Have not found discretes for the STB, but Remote Central is a place to look. (Also have DST-3000 and Tosh RPTV).

If you program your pronto assuming on & off states, it works fine. Can send my CCF if you send me an email.

Tim

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've already programmed my Pronto for basic operation. I'm just trying to streamline my interface, and it would help if I had discreet codes for everything. I guess all of my "System On" buttons could turn it on (even I may not be watching it), and my "System Off" buttons could toggle it again.

My current design has more of a "Watch Tivo", "Watch DirectTivo", "Watch HDTV", "Watch DVD" home page to get everything going. Then once the system is "up", I need to use the device menu to switch to the new device, then hit a common "Source" button on each device page which switches the receiver over to that device. It would be nice to go back to "home" and just press a new "Watch ..." button and have things that should stay on remain on.

My current 27" Mits doesn't have discreet either, but I'm hoping the Sony 51HW40 that is on the way does. I don't mind leaving the STB on all the time if I have to.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.