AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Toshiba DST-3000 HD received died spontaneously this morning (just short of 90 days). Has anybody had any experience with Toshiba on replacing or repairing one of these units? Any other suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks!

Lore

·
Registered
151 Posts
I think all you can do is call the Toshiba number listed on the warranty page at the back of the owners manual. I have seen posts in the forum where Toshiba has replaced the units.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Just call Toshiba and let them know the problem and they will tell you to ship it in. The warrenty is one year. Also they will return it to you 2 day air. Good luck.

------------------

Juan

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
The correct number is (800)631-3811. If you call the number in the owners manual (at least the number in my owners manual), a message will tell you to call a second number for Satellite Dish boxes, if you call that number, they will tell you to call this number for HD satellite boxes.

Toshiba won't make you wait for them to repair your box. They will send you back someone elses box that they already repaired. Before sending your box back to them, make sure that you remove the Access Card.

·
Registered
181 Posts
One thing to check before calling for service- On your remote, press "action" then "input". You may have accidentally put the STB in SD mode, which will not work if you're using component cables.

I thought my machine was fried after one month, but another user on this forum posted the above info.

If your power light turns on, but you get no picture, this is probably the problem.

Good luck,

Paul

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.