AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a DST3000, connected the Silver Sensor...Plan to only use OTA for the time being...

Hooked up the component video to my TOshiba TW40X81, colorstream HD1 (and HD2) and changed mode to DTV. Pushed power on the DST + select, nothing. The picture is black and I see nothing...

Do you know why this might happen?

Some questions:

1. If the antenna is not picking up any stations, will the menus still come up? I loaned my Silver Sensor antenna to someone and he claimed that he received a "--" on his DTC100. So, there is a possibility that the antenna is either bad or it just plain sucks.

2. The colorstream inputs have had 480p on them all year -- I have a progressive DVD player...I suppose 1080i could be hosed somehow.

Bad antenna or Bad DST3000 or am I doing something stupid?

-Mark

[This message has been edited by mdavis (edited 03-16-2001).]

·
Premium Member
7,158 Posts
Mark,

It sounds like you have an STB problem.

Have you also tried to hook up the Svideo connection to the TW and change the inputs?

What color is the light on front of the unit (near the center)?

Are you using the enclosed cable and making sure you didn't swap one of the component colors. (Not trying to be condescending but that green and blue look the same on the back ofr a dark set)?

You should be definitely getting a menu even without Sat or OTA connected.

Tim

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
rudolpht-

Haven't tried the s-video, but I did try coax.

The light is green.

Yes, I've tried the included cable as well as my custom made Canare component video cable. Both were unsuccessful.

I should note that the box is pretty warm and it smells a bit as well...

[This message has been edited by mdavis (edited 03-16-2001).]

·
Registered
38 Posts
Try hitting Action-HD/SD (action then the input key).

The box will only output on either the 1080i component or 480i composite/svideo, but not both at the same time. The HD/SD key will let you toggle without having to see the screen to navigate the menus.

--Carlos V.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Unbeliever - you win the prize! Action-Input did the job...

I'm very concerned that others are going to get the box in this condition and return it...

Your help is much appreciated...Thx, Mark

·
Registered
38 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by mdavis:
Unbeliever - you win the prize! Action-Input did the job...
WooHoo! I got to be useful today!

I figured it out by thinking "Hmmm. maybe it doesn't do component by default" when I first saw the blank screen and proceeded to connect to the front panel Video 3 input on my X81.

I troubleshoot waaayyy too many embedded electronics at work to give up so easily.

--Carlos V.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.