AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just swapped out my RCA DTC-100 for the Toshiba DST-3000.

Using my rooftop antenna, I was able to receive ALL local DTV channels in Los Angeles using the DTC-100. Never had any problems.

NOW that I switched out the DTC-100 with the DST-3000, I cannot pick up any DTV channels. I entered my zip code into the Advanced Program Guide and cannot pick up ANY digital channels. I get all of them via analog (including a San Diego channel).

What is the deal with the DST-3000???

Does it have a weak OTA reception?

Someone please help.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Works great in Norwalk, I get a signal between 90 and 100 all the time.

------------------

Juan Ruiz

·
Registered
750 Posts
I have excellent reception with my DTS-3000 iin Atlanta (with only a double bowtie antenna).

My guess is that you've missed something in the setup -- I'm only suggesting this because I had some problems setting mine up initially and its not the most straight-forward process.

Suggestions:

Do the scan for signals after you have set the digital in to antenna 1 or 2 (whichever your antenna is connected to). I've found that setting your area code does NOTHING for finding the digital channels. That is, I get program guide info for my local analogs, but nothing for the digital channels. But, I can still receive them after a channel scan.

To check that you're receiving the digital signals, do the following:
  • Menu
  • Setup
  • Installation
  • Source: set to local digital
  • Channel: enter your area's digital channel numbers. Check that you get a signal.

Once you've confirmed the signals are there, do the channel scan:
  • Menu
  • Setup
  • Installation
  • Local area
  • Scan

------------------

-Jason

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for all the replies and assistance but it looks like it wasn't me or my reception at all.

I tried out ANOTHER DST-3000 and I received 100% reception on the local channels. I knew it couldn't be me or my antenna!

So it looks like it was a defective OTA receiver or something?! I wonder if anyone else has had this issue.

Oh well...Toshiba will have to deal with it.

Thanks for all the help!

·
Registered
228 Posts
This is a different problem. Does anyone's picture flickers when watching 480i output thru S video and composite of their DST 3000 ? My 1080i output thru component is fine. Solid without flickers, but the 480i output shows horizontal flickers. At first I thouht it is the iScan pro, but same flickering when connected directly to TV. Video base materials are very obvious. Film base materials are much less obvious. Is my DST 3000 defective ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.