AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a Toshiba DST-3000. The unit runs very hot (it is always plugged in although not always in video output mode).

Also, the Guide is a joke. It's never been complete since day one. Most channels display "information not available." It doesn't update, etc...........

I have 4 other receivers of different brands and none of them act this way. Only the DST-3000.

Is this normal for this unit? Any suggestions on how to get the Guide working?

Thanks, in advance.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Every once and a while I need to unplug the unit and let it retrieve the program guide. I don't know if this is a bug or what but I've had to do it about once a month.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Tech,

I've had the STB-3000 for four months now. I'd say it runs warm, not hot. You certainly shouldn't put anything on top of it, of course.

The Program Guide worked great for three months. Then one day it said Information Not Available or Regular Schedule on ALL of the channels. I too hought something might be busted.

What to do? Same thing as most microcontroller stuff: the Copy Machine Maneuver -- unplug it and plug it back in. When it "rebooted," it sorted everything out and I now have my Program Guide working like it should. If you're using it for OTA, make sure your antenna is pointed where you want it as the Reboot will rescan and remap your OTA channels, for better or worse (usually better).

My first STB-3000 also had no digital audio out, but the vendor swapped it out and everything's fine.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have to say that this forum is great - gets better every day.

tlcfargo & bmello; You were right on - simple plug/unplug fixed the guide problem.

As for the heat issue........I don't have anything stacked on top of the unit, but it runs very warm on top and not bad on the side and bottom. I hear the fan going inside but I was concerned that maybe my unit was not working properly since it ran hotter than any of my other receivers (incl DTC-100, Dish 6000, etc).

Are the DST-3000's reliable? I've heard varying reports on their success rate.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
I did not know that the DST-3000 had a fan inside, I was under the impression that it didn't. I at least dont hear one in my DST-3000.

------------------

Juan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.