Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I had to reboot my Toshiba DST3000 last night; the display just went all green-fuzzy-like and didn't respond to the remote control. I have *no* idea what happened!

Anyway, I had to reinitialize my local cable and OTA channels, and put in my zipcode of 94087 for Sunnyvale, CA. (I''m hooked up with OTA into the "Ant In" on the DST3000 and satellite diplexed with AT&T Cable into the "Sat In" connector, and yes, I did "clear" and the reenter the zipcode...)

When I did a channel scan, I ended up with all of the Dallas/Ft. Worth area stations in addition to the SF Bay area stations in the local channels listing. And, no, I don't have the "Area 2" locals zipcode set to anything. I'm on release 5099 in the DST3000.

Anybody else in Sunnyvale having this probem? Anybody else have 'phantom' channels from other areas in your listings? The weird thing is that, now, when using the APG, choosing channel 4 from cable gets me KRON from San Francisco, but the APG lists it as KDFW from Dallas/Ft. Worth!

Annoying, to say the least. And freaky...because I used to live in Dallas. How did it know?:confused:

Any input/advice appreciated!

·
Premium Member
7,093 Posts
There seem to be a number of errors in that zip code database. I'd recommend notifying Toshiba and maybe DirecTV. In the meantime, there may be a slight chance that the error doesn't cover your whole area. Try a nearby zipcode and see if anything changes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.