AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I fill in the Local Provider Area with my Cable provider and Area zip code, the Guide remaps the channels so they no longer match the Cable line-up.

For example the standard Cox cable lineup has:

channel 29 = KOCE ch 50

channel 50 = CNN Headline News

But the DST guide maps channel 50 = KOCE and CNN Headline News is nowhere to be found.

Am I doing something wrong here?

·
Registered
165 Posts
My experience has been the same. I suppose that you entered your Zip Code because your provider's name was not among the available selections.

Maybe when Toshiba makes a software update available and the names of more cable providers are listed, the problem will be resolved.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No actually when you go to the Cable provider zone, it downloads the cable providers and then asks you to enter your zip code. It then displays the local providers available for your zip. My local provider Cox is displayed and I select it. Then when you select done, it goes and updates the Program Guide.

This is when it remaps the channels as per the problem I descibed above. You do get program guide info for the local channels provided by the cable company. Other cable channels, not mapped over by local channels, show the typical "CABLE" - "Regular Schedule" info in the guide.

I can leave the Cable Provider field blank and then all the cable channels remain in their original locations. Of course then all channels display "CABLE" - "Regular Schedule" in the program guide.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I have the same problem. Do you think it's a coincidence that my cable is COX as well. Many of the channels being remapped just aren't what the DST 3000 thinks they should be. There should be a way to map the channels manually for situations like this. It's incredibly annoying. One of the best thing about this is the local cable channels in the program guide but in order to use it I have to have my FOX channel vanish.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.