AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my DST3000 diplexed on Line 2 (Sat In) with DirecTV and Cable. Line 1 (Ant In) is a UHF Antenna. I notice White dots like very light snow, moving sideway across the TV on the Cable channels only, but it does not occur all the time. I do not notice this at all when the cable is conected directly to the TV. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Is there any chance this could be FM noise on the cable line? I did notice Radio noise coming out of some of my cable lines in my house when I toned them about a year ago. My house was new and I needed to tone the various lines to find out where they went since the builder didn't label them. At the time I didn't think much about it.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have seen this too from time to time. It goes diagonally across my screen at a very fast pace. Actually they are more like streaks than dots.

------------------

I'm Porky Pig of Borg you will be assim-assim-assim- absorbed.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
With a little more investigation, I realized this occurrence is caused by the DirectTV Sat Line as when I disconnected it from the diplexor, the noise went away. Now what is it? Could it be FM noise or maybe UHF/VHF noise? Any thoughts?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I tried an FM Trap on the Sat line, but that didn't help. I tried switching the cable line and OTA Antenna line, so that the Sat and OTA UHF Antenna are now diplexed and that just caused the interference to show up on the OTA Analog stations rather than the Cable stations. I was hoping someone on the forum might have an idea as to what this is being caused by.

Again it's small white dashes moving left to right across the screen. Could it be voltage coming down from the Sat line?

Any help much appreciated.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well continuing with my conversation (mostly to myself), I tried a DC block on the Sat line prior to it entering the diplexer and the dashes went away, but there was still some wavyness/interference in the cable picture.

So I then compared the picture of the cable line going directly into the DST3000 with cable line going through the diplexer. I only connected the cable line to the diplexer w/o the Sat line connected. There was a noticable difference in the cable picture quality, in that the diplexer caused the picture quality to be worse. I am using the Radio Shack diplexer. Perhaps it is bad?

Boy I can't believe all this crap I am trying here. There's got to be a better way. I can't believe how sensitive the DST3000 is. Perhaps mine is too sensitive and should be returned?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.