AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this topic has been covered tremendously, but just need some serious advice fast

I can either get 2 Polk Audio DSW-660pro's or 1 SVS-PB2000. Which would be a better set-up??? I know the svs is superior sub, but can it stand up against 2 of the polks???

my room is 30" long X 15" wide X 8" high

both ways would cost me the same and I'm looking at spending approx. $1000.

system:
receiver - pioneer 1228
fr - polk audio rti-a7 (future upgrade to rti-a9 or rti-a12)
rr - polk audio rti-a5
center - polk audio csi-a6
(I have a huge contact for polk audio where I can get it for employee cost)

thanks for the help​

·
Premium Member
13,633 Posts
If you're willing to sacrifice some extension for (likely) greater overall output and the FR-smoothing benefit of dual subs, IMO the Polks are the better choice.

That said, my HT space is a bit smaller than yours so, if I were you, I'd be eyeing a pair of PB-2000s (buy one now and add a second one later on).

·
Registered
75" Samsung Q80R QLED, Denon AVR3300, Revel F36, C25, W263, FV15HP x 2, ATV4K, Sony Blu Ray, Harmony
8,866 Posts
If it were mainly for music and you are not that concerned with movies, the Polk's might make more sense. But if you want to experience what movies have to offer, the Polk is -3 dB at 25 Hz...the PB2000 is solid down to 16 or so. I would not pass up the extra extension.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I do actually watch more movies then listen to music. (90% movies vs 10% music)

Looks like ill be grabbing the SVS

and I guess I can always look at adding another svs down the road
thank you

anybody else with opinions???

·
Registered
14,595 Posts
I would go with the DSW-660's. Good subs if you can get them for great price. the PB-2000 will have more output in the 16-25hz, but a pair 660's would get you some decent output down into the low 20's and provide a smoother response. Now if you can do 1 PB2000 now with a possible second down the road then it's a no brainer. The PB2000 is in another league, but even the best sub can sound worse then 2 lesser subs if the in room response is lacking. Remember a single sub can not smooth any room modes.

Have you considered the HSU VTF-2's or Rythmim LV12's? They would make for s great system at right around 1000.00 for the pair.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts