AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I might find out what currently active DT stations' power outputs are? (*.gov maybe) Does not the FCC "need to know" on a continuous basis? I can find what they are licensed to output, but I suspect most are not running at full power for whatever reasons; cost,etc.

Maybe some of you broadcast folk can advise me? Of course, being in the Seattle area, I am interested in 4.1, 5.3, 7.1, 9.1 and 13.1 .

Are other details such as antenna height and in general anything about the systems each is using available anywhere?

------------------

The World Is Not Flat!

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Eric,

Thansk so very much! I wonder if they are really putting out the power authorized?

Really appreciate the info.

Bill

------------------

The World Is Not Flat!

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Another site that's a little easier to navigate than the official FCC website is www.100000watts.com .

------------------

HiDefDave

STOP HDCP!

·
Registered
983 Posts
If stations are operating with 'Special Temporary Authority', either because construction is not complete or they are operating at reduced power, you will need to do some additional digging on the FCC CDBS site ( http://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/cdbs/p...od/cdbs_pa.htm ) under 'Search for Application Information' and you still might not find it there. For stations that have completed construction you can check under 'Search for Station Information'.

------------------

Visit http://pub1.ezboard.com/fdigitaltele...isionnewsforum for news and information on DTV and HDTV

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
If you can get through (phone or e-mail) to the engineering team of the stations in question you might be able get them to help you out since your feedback as to reception characteristics could be valuable to them. I know from e-talking to the right people that several stations in my area are operating at much lower output than ultimately will.

------------------

The button is labeled "Play", not "Pay". STOP the MPAA!

Our Silent Angels

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks very much for the contributions!

Bill

------------------

The World Is Not Flat!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.