AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to get sound from the optical digital output for the DirectTV music channels? I went into menu and set the digital output to auto-select but that did not work.

------------------

-Mark

***** Digital Vortex *****

The Digital Electronic Site
www.digitalvortex.com

·
Registered
262 Posts
it should just work, i record the music channels directly to DAT tape from the optical output on the dtc100. then if i hear a song i want i can record it to cd.

my guess is that your receiver is expecting some other format (surround), so try to set the receiver to 2 channel mode digital in, when listening to the music channels.

give me some more details, im shure we can figure it out

oscar

HOME THEATER CREATIONS

·
Premium Member
11,869 Posts
The optical output only transmits a digital broadcast. I believe the music channels do not broadcast dolby digital therefore you have to run an analog connection to your receiver for analog broadcasts. Your receiver should switch between the two as my Pioneer vsx35-tx does.

------------------

Kipp

IS THAT A REMOTE CONTROL IN YOUR POCKET OR ARE YOU JUST HAPPY TO SEE HDTV?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Music channels are broadcast in 2 channel. If you use the optical out on the DTC-100 then you are receiving the optical signal via PCM which is 2 channel digital. Your receiver will not light up thats its a DD signal, but rather Digital signal. Works flawlessly with my Yamaha DSP Amp-1 receiver.

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Same here.. works fine on my Sony HT-1300D. It shows the switch to PCM, and plays using L/R stereo and the subwoofer. I've never tried it, but you should be able to record from there as long as you have a digital out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.