AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just obtained a DTC-100 and I currently own the Panasonic TAU CT-34WX50, I've noticed in the forums possible problems with this combo. What fix or piece of hardware would I need to do to get this to work?

·
Registered
33,594 Posts
Unfortunately nothing will get these 2 units to co-exist properly. The best unit is the Key Digital transcoder, but that will only get you a fairly correct setting with HD. The problem on non-HD material is that the picture will not be sized properly. I had this device and gave up after speaking with tech support at Key Digital. They acknowledged that the unit will not work properly in both modes. Your best bet is a tuner with component outputs.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply, I had a feeling from reading the archives but the DTC-100 was basically given to me.. Will it be possible to output non-HD on S-Video and HD/OTA off the VGA?

·
Registered
33,594 Posts
Beaker,

Yes, you can do that with the DTC100, BUT not at the same time. You'll have to switch off the HD mode to activate the S video and composite outputs. That's not an "issue" with just the RCA, since all HD tuners can not simultaneously output both a HD and a SD signal.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Beaker,

You won't have any problems with S-Video or composite out but all output through the VGA is basically incompatible with the Tau even with the Key Digital transcoder. I had to get rid of the DTC-100 and go with an STB with component outputs to fix the problem.

Tony

·
Registered
555 Posts
I have the same tv as you. I am using the 6000 reciever with it without any problems. Good HD looks amazing.

Best Wishes

------------------

Warren

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
The new Key Digital KD-VTCA1 claims to be able to handle the Panasonic.

From their web page:

Special Sync:

Clear Color also provides a facility to create a special sync for an artifact free display of DTC100 in the "long" retrace mode and Panasonic CT-34WX50, PT-56WXF95, PT-WXF90 & PT-65WX50 monitors. This is the only video adapter on the market that allows this specific connection.
http://keydigital.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=KD-VTCA1

·
Registered
33,594 Posts
As I've said before, the Key Digital device will work fairly well ONLY with HD. Once you watch a non-HD broadcast, THAT'S when you run into problems that can't be resolved. You will get sidebars that are too wide and a resulting picture that is too small. This was not an acceptable solution in my estimation. The Sony, however, is a perfect match. The Panasonic TU-HD20 is also a good match if you don't mind the slow menu (which may or may not be solved by the new software).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.