AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the STB plugged into the RCA transcoder and into the ColorStream HD inputs. The problem is that it seems the picture from the STB is to big for the screen, it's not as bad on DirectTV but terrible on OTA digital broadcast. The TV is new and it needs adjustment but the picture size from the DVD player is fine.

Are there any adjustments in the DTC-100 for picture size? Are they adjustable by mere mortals?

Thanks!

·
Registered
447 Posts

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Is the screen format selected properly on the DCT-100? If it set for 4:3, the images will appear to be the wrong size on a 16:9 display.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Errol:

Why is the DVD the right size then? If I adjust the size on the TV for HD1 input will it effect the HD2 input (where I have the DVD plugged in)?

TiVolino

·
Registered
447 Posts
Hi Tivolino,

STB is HD (540p/720p/1080i). DVD is not (480i/480p). Some sets require raster adjustment when fed an HD signal.

Thanks,

Errol

------------------
Keohi HDTV

Your Friendly HDTV Tips Site

·
Registered
381 Posts
All inputs are independent. You must calibrate each one. I use HD1 for DVD and HD2 for OTA from my DTC-100.

Make sure you have the latest firmware for the DTC. I believe it is 4.037. Then select the proper rater setting - as I recall it is the second choice.

You may also want to adjust the overscan.

Hang in there it will work.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Paul:

The latest firmware for the DTC-100 is 5 something. DirecTV started sending it out a few weeks ago.

The correct raster setting for the RCA transcoder is the third or lowest choice which specifically says it is to be used with the RCA transcoder.

I am not sure the raster setting is causing this problem, though. It sounds like there is too much overscan which would need to be adjusted via the service menu.

SMK

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
I don't want to sound simplistic, but to repeat an earlier post, check that the screen size on the DTC-100 is set right - - on the output you are using - - and cycle through the various display options on that control panel.

I recently helped two people through the installation of a plasma with the DTC-100, and both of them had the problem of the picture appearing cropped because of a wrong format setting on the tuner.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.