AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have customer who has a DTC-100 and I hooked up the OTA antenna and also cable feed to Ant-A and Ant-B respectively and I can only get one channel from the cable feed to come up which is the default channel? I made sure that Ant-B is set to cable and even tried OTA but still I only get the one channel?

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, did that. Even tried swaping A and B ant. and did another full search and still it finds "0" channels?

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Knight
I can only get one channel from the cable feed to come up which is the default channel?
What is the one channel and what do you mean by "default channel"?

Are these analog channels or is you cable company one of the few that send out 8VSV digital channels?

If they are analog channels, does an analog TV set pick up all the channels when the cable is hooked up to it directly?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I never have been able to get my DTC-100 to tune in cable (AT&T). Since my television tuner works fine for cable, I never tried to find out why. So you are not the only one with this problem.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
"does an analog TV set pick up all the channels when the cable is hooked up to it directly?"

Yes, if I hook up the cable feed to a cable ready TV or VCR I can get all the cable channels. The one channel is ABC-6 in the Phila area.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
We can tune in analog cable channels with no problem on our DTC-100. I have dropped cable now, but for a while I had OTA on one Ant input and analog cable on the other Ant input.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh, I have had it work with other DTC100's, including the one I owned but I am trying to figure out why this one will not work and to see if others have experienced it which it looks like they have....

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Mark:

Here are some thoughts that you may have already considered. They focus mainly on the strength and quality of the cable TV signal as it enters the DTC-100.

Do you know what the signal strength is from the cable source as it enters the DTC-100? If the signal is excessively strong or weak it may be outside the working range of the DTC-100, even though it may still work on a TV set.

Have you tried direct entry of cable channels into the DTC-100? Perhaps the scanning process is not happy with the signal for some reason, but you may be able to manually tune in some channels. I have an older TV that will not find channels on a scan but will allow the channels to be tuned in manually and even saved into memory manually to support channel up/down navigation.

I have also seen problems where poor shielding or connections in the cable path allowed OTA signals to be picked and be nearly as strong as, but out of phase with the cable channels of the same numbers. By out of phase I mean the OTA signal arrives earlier than the cable signal for the same channel.

Are there one or more splitters in the path from the cable entry to the DTC-100?

Is there any chance that you could try another DTC-100 at the same connection point?

Good Luck. This sounds like a tough one to me.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Dave. Some very good tips. Yes there is a splitter and the run to where the DTC-100 is very, very long. I will try a few of your suggestions this week when I get back out to the customers location and will report back on what I find.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.