Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

Just hooked up my DTC-100,Mits 65-907,I have a signal strength of 86 on the 119 sat and 84 on the 101 sat....All

the channels look great...All connections are right and Iam using the vga output -DTV input on set..When I go to 509 or 199 loop I get message "Not available in your area".Could this be a slight misalignment of my dish or am I just missing something?. Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Alex

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
It sounds unusual to have a higher signal strength on 119 than on 101. I have heard of people that had misaligned dishes that caused the receiver to read the 101 signal on the 119 signal meter, so misalignment is a possibility.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your reply,

Yes I have subscribed and am using an oval dish....I do get the spanish

channels which im told are on the 119 bird.any ideas??

Alex

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Good luck on this problem. I've been fighting this for awhile. I first thought my problem was the programming. DTV MUST have your DTC-100 as the PRIMARY receiver. If it is the only receiver you have then it is primary. If you have two or more receivers then tell the DTV rep. to remove all the receivers and put the DTC-100 in first followed by the others. This is due to menu inheritance in their system (or so I was told). If this doesn't work then check channel 400. I was told that it should be in spanish if it is English (this shows bad switching) check your oval dish setup for 3 lnb's even if you have two. Next try putting it on 509 and jumper your 119 lnb straight through i.e. do not go thru the multiswitch. If that works that proves you are aligned correctly and your lnb is functioning. That leaves three things to check:

1. The multiswitch is bad - replace.

2. The DTC-100 is defective (tone switch is not working) - get repaired.

3. Wierd cable problem - this could be from poor ground to poor connection.

I have been through all the other steps and I am now waiting to replace my DTC-100. I was waiting for the review on the Sony before I replaced my DTC-100 but after the various comments concerning fan noise I may just have the DTC-100 replaced ($249 swap out, if not under warranty).

Good luck - this is a ***** to straighten out. I had DTC working for almost a year when this problem began for me and I have been without HDTV for 4 months now fighting this problem.

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
I can attest that

Quote:
1. The multiswitch is bad - replace.
is a definite possiblity because it happened with my initial installation of my DTC-100 and DirecTV Plus dish.

------------------

Scott Gammans

Another satisfied NEC VT540 owner
The Scooterplex Cinema 1

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You guys are great....

Try not to laugh!!....I went on my roof to check all the connections and the installer(Yes,that would be me) had both A sats to input 1 and both B sats to the other....I changed them to the correct designation and bingo.....

Maybe this will help some other guys who will take for granted that the install is done properly....Sorry for any inconvienence.. Thanks Again.

Alex

[This message has been edited by AV8042 (edited 03-31-2001).]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.