AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The problem is that the receiver never shows anything other than "Pro Logic" on the display when using this equipment combination.

Background info:

- RCA DTC-100 set to "Auto-Detect" on the optical output.

- Denon 3801 set to "Auto" for digital.

- Changing the DTC-100 from Dolby-Digital and PCM seems to have no effect.

- When on a Dobly Digital channel, switching the 3801 from Auto to PCM yields no audio, so it appears as though something is working properly.

- The receiver is displaying the Lock, Digital and Auto lights, as well as the red ProLogic light and large Pro Logic wording.

- I am using the TV/DBS input with optical input #1. It has been configured to use this input via the Denon setup menu.

- DTC-100 only being used for OTA broadcasts, both analog and digital.

- People in my area (twin cities) have been reporting being able to see DD 5.1 on various shows.

I've tried many combinations, without any success. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
What shows have you specifically tried? Nothing on CBS is 5.1. I think all or most HDTV on ABC is 5.1. My local NBC station does not do HDTV yet so I don't know about the Jay Leno Show. Just because the DTC-100 says "Dolby Digital" doesn't mean it is 5.1. It can be DD 2.0.

Jay

·
Registered
180 Posts
I have a Denon 3801 and a Dish 6000. When watching CBS HD shows, my receiver says "Pro Logic TV" (DD 2.0) But, when I watch ABC HD shows it says "Dolby D" which indicates DD 5.1 audio. From what I've read on this forum, not all ABC affiliates pass 5.1 audio.

CBS, from what I've read does not yet have the capability to do 5.1 audio yet, I don't know about NBC, but Jay is not 5.1 here in the Sacramento-Stockton area.

Also, do you have Starz or HBO, because at least with Dish network they broadcast a lot of their movies in 5.1. When they switch over to 5.1 I see the display on my receiver change from "Pro Logic" (DD 2.0) to "Dolby D" (DD 5.1)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.