AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure if this is a problem or not...

Anyway - my wife informed me that when she now hits the "guide" button that she can no longer press the right arrow to get more info about programs. I rarely used this feature but from the little that I did I though that you could hit the right arrow then the receiver would try to get the next 2 hour or whatever block of programming info.

Can someone who uses their DTC-100 with DirectTV see if theirs is doing the same thing or not. It seems to have just happened over the last few weeks or so - maybe it happened when the latest software was downloaded?

Or maybe it's always been like this but I don't think so.

Thanks

[This message has been edited by Jantzen (edited 10-05-2001).]

·
Registered
546 Posts
I think 4.37 release introduced this quirk. You can only use the right arrow on the transparent guide enough to fill the screen, then it won't go over anymore. But you can change to one of the full opaque guides and you can then arrow over as far as you want.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm at work now - so when I get home I'll try what you suggested and see if that fixes it...

Though I have not recently changed the opaqueness setting that I have been using... Maybe the software download defaulted back to something...

Thanks again for the suggestion...

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got it!

It had nothing to do with the opaqueness.

I had the default guide to "Surf Guide" which only shows "limited" information, i.e., can't page to the right for more info.

The cool thing about the Surf Guide is that it leaves audio and video in the background, where as the regular guide does not...

You can however press guide again from the Surf Guide and go to the Detailed Guide where you can page over for more info...

·
Registered
546 Posts
Well, actually that's what I meant. The Surf guide lets you see through it; the others don't. Didn't remember their names at the time. Anyway, glad it worked for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.