AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dave: I also have the RCA100. Do you know exactly what the firmware corrects on this unit? My biggest problem is the lack of control over the HD button. Any info would be helpful. Thanks. DJD

·
Premium Member
Sony XBR-65A1E, Denon 3400, B&W
965 Posts
With the most recent release, you can toggle the fetch button on the remote to cycle betweent the HD and S-VHS or composite outputs on the DTC100. This is part of the Monitor Setup menu found under Assistance on the menu. It also adds raster centering, choice of gray or black bars, and retrace timing for displays other than RCA. For example, if you use a VGA-to-component transcoder, you have two other choices besides the long retrace VESA timing designed for a VGA/BNC cable.

------------------

"Even though we think we see the world so fully, what we are receiving is really just hints, edges in space and time," Frank Werblin, professor of molecular and cell biology.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I was at CEDIA yesterday and stopped by both the RCA and DirecTV booth. Spoke with an engineer for DirecTV and a DSS marketing rep from RCA about the firmware not being issued. The engineer from DirecTV confirmed that it was pulled in early August but will be reintroduced shortly. He wasn't sure exactly when but said within a month. He also said RCA is providing them with a new firmware level that has a minor change. I failed to ask what this minor change will do.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I now remember what the minor change is to do. The DirecTV engineer did tell me. He said it is to correct some anomaly in OTA transmissions where some stations upconvert their local 4:3 content to something other than full wide 16:9.

·
Premium Member
Sony XBR-65A1E, Denon 3400, B&W
965 Posts
Dominick...Select Menu button on the remote. Then select Assistance | Upgrades and you will see any future upgrades scheduled and completed. It will tell you the latest version installed.

Dave...Thanks for the info. Some of our affils use odd 14:9 stretch modes that look terrible and can't be corrected. Wonder if this is designed to help the off-centering at least.

[This message has been edited by Linda Britt (edited 09-09-2001).]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.