AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When viewing a digital channel, with the cropped zoom turned off, (so in 16x9 mode) there is grey garbage at the top of the picture area. I have the grey bars turned off, and this is usually when a HD broad cast goes to commercial which is in 4x3. If I turn the grey bars on, it covers this area up, but I dont like the bars.

So is there a way to shift the picture vertically, like the horizontal centering option. It seems like the picture is just shifted down about a half of an inch, which is creating the garbage.

Thanks

·
Registered
492 Posts
Rockcola

Just so you know I have the exact same problem. Sort of a squiggly line at the picture bar interface. I don't see with the gray bars or during HD broadcasts. It appears on about 80% of the SD stuff

Michael

------------------

tuckerdog

·
Registered
983 Posts
What you are seeing is Closed Captioning and Nielsen AMOL data on lines 21 and 22. YOu should only see this on upconverted 4:3 content. Normally these lines are cut off because of picture overscan, but if you are watching in letterbox on a 4:3 screen they become visible. Turning the grey bars on in a DTC-100 will blank it out. You can also 'zoom' the image using the VCR Fastforward button on the DTC-100 so that the 4:3 image fills the 4:3 screen.

------------------

Visit http://pub1.ezboard.com/fdigitaltele...isionnewsforum for news and information on DTV and HDTV

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
I also get this on my 16:9 screen when viewed at 16:9, but only sometimes. In fact, I haven't seen this for awhile now. I have always suspected it was some lack of polish on the part of the local station, but my technical know-how stops about there.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its not that big of deal, It just bothers me when an HD broadcast goes to commercial, and I have to see that junk.

Oh well, I quickly forget about it when the HD starts back up again.

Rocky

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.