AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Ok..I have a DTC-100 hooked up now. I am using my Dish Network spare 119 LNB output to get HDnet (channel 199).

Everything works great in standard mode, using the RCA video outputs on the back of the unit, but how the hell do you get the HD content? Does the DTC-100 have some sort of "hd mode" that it goes into? I get no signal on the VGA port on the back at all. I am using the RCA component adapter that takes the vga signal and switches it to component video.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!! I don't know anything about directv hardware so if anyone could help, I would be greatful!

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,617 Posts
There is a button on the front of the unit, upper right, labeled "HD Monitor". Push it and the light comes on, it must be lit (just like the power button on the left side) to get output from the DB-15 (VGA)connector.

This can also be accessed via remote control, I don't use the RCA remote, so I don't remember where the HD Monitor button is on the remote. This is all explained in the owners manual.

------------------

"Better living thru modern, expensive electronics devices"

tm

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Ken,

I tried that and still get no signal.

·
Registered
110 Posts
To use the remote to change to HD mode, you have to first go to the setup menu on the DTC-100, and set it to use the "fetch" button on the remote as the HD button. But if the button on the front of the receiver isn't working, then changing the remote setting won't do anything for you.

I wonder if there's something wrong with your adapter...

------------------

We ALL deserve equal access to justice.
http://www.prepaidlegal.com/go/t_evansen

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey guys, thanks for your advice. I got tired of it and ended up hooking up my computer monitor to the box. It works fine, so it's not the DTC-100. It must be either a cable, or the component adapter...grrr! thanks for your help again...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.