AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On two occasions in the past few weeks, my DTC-100 has lost sync on the bottom half of the screen. The bottom half goes black with thin color bars across the screen. The top half stays normal. If I power off the STB and re-start it, the problem is gone, and might not return for a number of days. Anyone else experience this?

·
Registered
660 Posts
I've seen things like this but it's usually the channel I am watching and not the hardware. I saw something like this last night on NBC OTA in San Francisco. I just chalk it up to a problem at the broadcaster. It usually goes away pretty quickly. Look carefully next time to see if you have compression artifacts around the center line.

Are you having this problem with OTA digital content only?

Next time it happens change the channel and see if it still happens. If it does then you likely have a hardware problem.

hope that helps

EAS

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The first time it happened was an OTA broadcast from PBS in Milwaukee. Last night it was while watching HDNet on DirecTV. The first time was before the last software upgrade. I am using a Belkin RGB-HV breakout cable, but it seems to work great at all other times. Changing channels does not affect it, but a "reboot" takes care of it. If it gets no more frequent than this, I won't worry about it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.