AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went over my gf's mothers house today to hook her rca dtc100 up to her sony tv. It has a vga out on the dtc and a set of component on the back of the sony. I figured I would test my vga>component vid cable out to make sure it worked before i ordered one. Glad I did, when i hit the hd button on the dtc the picture (well not really a picture) was just lines scrolling up and down the screen.

I looked into it and couldnt find anythign on search other then some ppl using their vga to comonent box, but what exactly does this do? Is this what I am going to need to get for this thing to work? I'd hate to spend 130.00 on a box for something a 30$ cable can do.

Thanks,

-Chris

·
Registered
680 Posts
Chris, based on my experience with a DTC-100 and a Panasonic HDTV, it's not going to work, I had the same problems. I've also read on this forum that Sony tv and DTC-100 are not compatible. Yes it is something with the "sync" issue. Converting the VGA to component does not do any good as far as I can tell. May have to buy another stb as I did. Good Luck!!

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,616 Posts
According to the Sony web site, the 61HS30 does not have RGBHV input, it only has component video HD inputs.

The DTV-100 only outputs RGBHV in HD mode.

A cable will not turn RGBHV into component video, you need an RGBHV to component video transcoder. RCA, Audio Authority & Key Digital all make these, available in the $100-$150 price range.

To be sure about which transcoder will work with the 61HS30, check this web site: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sonyhs10/

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.