AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just checked my upgrade schedule and saw that Sun Aug 5 @6:15 am scheduled for upgrade. Anyone else?

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,617 Posts
No.

Current version is A04.37

If you are less that that, you'll be upgraded when the DTC first "sees" the DirecTV sats. This is probably what is happening to you.

------------------

"Better living thru modern, expensive electronics devices"

tm

·
Banned
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here is the exact quote:

Ver.A66e4c2.20 scheduled for download on Sun 08/05/01 6:15 AM

This is not the same thing as the version A04.37 that was downloaded on 11/09/00. My "past upgrades" shows the A04.37 download was sent on 11/09/00 and very clearly states that a new, different download is indeed scheduled for Sunday. The actual download version is A66e4c2.20

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,617 Posts
Thanks for checking.

It appears you may have come across something. It does not show up on my system. I wonder what is in store for us?

Please keep us informed as things develop.

------------------

tm

[This message has been edited by Ken H (edited 08-05-2001).]

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
I have no announced upgrades on mine.

------------------

Ken Elliott

·
Banned
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Now I am really confused. Woke up this morning to check the upgrade window. No future upgrades scheduled, which is what I expected because the upgrade was supposed to occur at 6:15 AM. However, when I checked the PAST upgrades window, no mention of this mornings upgrade, only the last v04.37 on 11/09/00. I don't know what's going on but, I don't notice anything different with the DTC.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Ya made me look -- fortunately.

I discovered I could get no channels other than 100 and had to call DirecTV and wait on hold for half an hour for a CSR. After having me check the serial number of the access card, my programming came back. I asked here what happened and she said she just had to reset the program info on the card. Glad she straightened that out.

Good thing I found this before the big HDTV baseball game Tuesday!

P.S., Yes my card is at the same version as everyone else.

------------------

STOP DVI/HDCP; Boycott JVC

·
Registered
45,617 Posts
No logo on 312, just text, "HALL".

------------------

tm

·
Registered
973 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Larry Hutchinson:

I discovered I could get no channels other than 100 and had to call DirecTV and wait on hold for half an hour for a CSR. After having me check the serial number of the access card, my programming came back. I asked here what happened and she said she just had to reset the program info on the card. Glad she straightened that out.

Based on the above quote I am pretty sure todays download was to remove the old Oddyssey logo and replace it with "HALL". Just did a manual program reset and it removed my oddyssey logo and replaced it with "HALL" . All you have to do is pull the plug to reorder the channels then when you plug it back in it goes searching the satellite for any updates. So I wouldn't call this a upgrade just an update.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Quote:
Ver.A66e4c2.20
This doesn't look like 4.38 or 4.40. It looks like a scrambled ditigal stream. Perhaps a 747 flew in front of your dish at an inopportune time. Or put another way, if we would have had one million and one monkeys this time instead of just one million, something interesting might have happened.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Maybe a logo download for channel 312 now called hallmark channel. Starts today. take a look at the logo you show for 312 please.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.