AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for the strange topic, I think I am losing my mind....I turned on my DTC-100 the other day, I was browsing the menus ( I am new to the unit and was just looking around), I found this menu called "Picture Quality" in there was:

Sharpness

Noise filter

Color adjustments

ETC...

Was this just a glitch or a sub menu forced up by a random keystroke? I can't seem to find it anywhere now? I should let you know that the unit has updated to the newest firmware since then. Does anyone know what I could have done to access this menu? ...any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You..

TJ

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The menu I found was absolutely driven from the DTC, the color scheme, font and format...I find it crazy as well...I am positive it was the DTC, as I have it connected to my 21" Trinitron Monitor while I wait for a new bulb for my Davis projector...I wish I had never seen it..it is driving me nuts :) Maybe someone else can shed some light on it? or maybe I will call Rca and see if they know anything about it...Thanks for your response...

TJ

·
Registered
637 Posts
My DTC-100 still has the old 4.0b s/w version, and I've never seen those menus (in the user or serivce menus).

Maybe those menus/adjustments are on your DVD player...

·
Registered
460 Posts
You might want to call RCA technical support at the 800 number located in the back of your DTC100 user's manual. They can tell you what you are seeing or not seeing.

I think we all would be interested in what you learn.

Dave

·
Registered
5,876 Posts
Would anyone know the access code to the service menu?

·
Registered
546 Posts
I don't know if there's anything on the remote, but you can simultaneously push the Info and Down Arrow keys on the front of the unit itself to get into the service menu. Then you can see if these menu items are in there.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I wish it was the "monitor setup" menu...it was not...I am completely positive it was a different menu than others I have seen in the system. I know my credibility is going to take a loss here, but it did happen. I am new to this machine but I am fully versed in the basic operations of the unit and it's menu/adjustments. The reason I say I am new to the unit is that I do not know all of the tweaks and hidden goodies. I have however got in to the service menu as stated in your directions prior to discovering the "ghost menu" I only saw it once on a difficult power up after postponing an update( hard reset, unplug power, wait...plug back in ) ..then when I turned it on I was dancing around the menus and I believe it was under Preferences- BOOM! there it was..I did not really access any of the functions, just looked around and left the menu...when I tried to return ...NADA .......that's my story and I am sticking to it :) :)

It did happen...someone else care to call RCA that has a little more time in with the DTC? I would appreciate it :)

TJ

·
Registered
660 Posts
What is your firmware version number?

What city or area do you live in?

Did you notice when your machine took it's last upgrade?

EAS

·
Premium Member
11,839 Posts
Take a picture if it happens again and post.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.