AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had dish installed yesterday. Here's the skinny; the installer was getting 91 on Sat. 101 but couldn't get 119 in. Then after two hours of tweaking the dish position he was able to get high 80's on Sat. 119. Here's the weird thing..when he had his signal finder plugged in he was showing high signals on both Sats on the roof and I was by the TV getting the same readings in the menu display. AS SOON as he unplugs his signal finder, the signal reading on the TV drops out. No signal.

The HD channels obviously don't come in. I bought another DCT-100 box to make sure and sure enough, Sat. 119 still doesn't come in.

The installer seems to know what he is doing, but he did say that he only installed a few oval dishes so far. Could this be a wiring problem? A bad LNB? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

[This message has been edited by Ranxerox (edited 08-18-2001).]

·
Registered
780 Posts
On the surface, I would suggest a multiswitch (assuming one is installed) not passing power to the LNB's because it seems to work when the installers "signal finder" is in line, but not when it is remove. The signal finder probably provides the power input to the LNB's and since you tried a different DTC-100 and the LNBs appear to work, this points to the Multiswitch.

------------------

J Thomas

·
Registered
780 Posts
Another Possible issue could be that, considering the installer was not experienced with the 18x24 dual/dual LNB dish, he/she may have not paid enough attention to the 4 short coax leads from the LNBs to the correct multiswitch inputs, A & B. If these are incorrectly connected, no signal.

------------------

J Thomas

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.