AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can the DTC-100 output S-video and VGA simultaneously? I have a Sony HD100 and it does not. I'd like to use S-video for my plasma so I can stretch regular 4:3 video to 16:9, and use the VGA output for my projector.

Alternatively, are there discrete IR codes for either the DTC-100 or HD100 for switching to VGA/S-video?

Thanks,

Bryan

·
Registered
311 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by bryan_chow:
Can the DTC-100 output S-video and VGA simultaneously?
No.

Quote:
Alternatively, are there discrete IR codes for either the DTC-100 or HD100 for switching to VGA/S-video?
Don't know about the HD100, but discrete codes DO exist for the DTC-100. I use them all the time with my Pronto. Do a search. The discrete codes were posted in a thread a couple of months back. If you can't find them, e-mail me at [email protected] and I will send them to you.

Kent

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr Joshua:
Don't know about the HD100, but discrete codes DO exist for the DTC-100. I use them all the time with my Pronto. Do a search. The discrete codes were posted in a thread a couple of months back. If you can't find them, e-mail me at [email protected] and I will send them to you.
So I can easily set the DTC-100 up for a TV (4:3 S-video) and a projector (16:9 VGA)?

Thanks,

Bryan

·
Registered
201 Posts
Quote:

Thanks,

Bryan
Bryan,

check out this link for Discrete Pronto codes for the DTC-100.
http://www.remotecentral.com/files/i-rca.htm scroll down to the DTC section and most all codes are available. Hope this helps.

Ira

------------------

Ira Solod [email protected]

Pioneer Elite 510, Lexicon DC-1 ver.4 DTS, Parasound 1205A 200W x [email protected] ohms, M&K S150THX LCR, M&K Surround-55 rears, Klipsch PSW-10 sub, Pioneer DV-F727, Quadscan Pro, DTC-100, JVC 7600 SVHS, Camelot Dragon 5.1, Power Wedge Ultra 111, Monster Power 2500, All homemade interconnects made mostly from RG-6QS

·
Registered
420 Posts
Quote:
So I can easily set the DTC-100 up for a TV (4:3 S-video) and a projector (16:9 VGA)?

Thanks,

Bryan
Got an HDTV and NTSC TV both hooked up to the DTC100 and it works great. In fact I actually prefer the coax output to the s-video, as the latter produces a darker picture. The best part is, since my analog TV is in my home gym and the HDTV is in the family room, by using a simple splitter (routed through a video hub) I can have both sets displaying the same show at the same time. AND, using a Home Producer 8 remote with the RF module I can control the DTC100 from the gym.

[This message has been edited by RSongco (edited 04-03-2001).]

·
Registered
311 Posts
Quote:
Yes. In addition to the HD and SD outputs, discrete codes also exist for the DTC-100's 4:3, Zoom, and Stretch modes. Depending on how you want to handle the SD material, discrete codes may or may not exist for your plasma set.

Kent

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.