Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a dish so I can get the latest upgrade. My questions are:

1. I read somewhere that I need to tune in to a DirecTV channel, is it true? I don't have DirecTV, what should I do?

2. Do I need to leave the unit on to get the upgrade?

3. The DTC asks for longitude and altitude of my location. How do I get those info? They are the same as azimuth and elevation, aren't they?

Thank you very much in advance.

·
Registered
61 Posts
1) you don't need to tune a particular channel, you just need to have the dish connected and receiving a signal from the directv satellite. You also don't have to be subscribed to DirecTV, but you will need an access card to be in the machine (unsubscribed cards will still receive channel 100). The download will work even if you don't have a subscription (I discovered this inadvertently)

2) it doesn't matter if the unit is on or off as long as it is connected to the dish and is receiving electrical power from the wall. ("Off" is really just a standby mode on these units)

3) You can give the unit a ZIP code and it will tell you the correct direction to point your dish.

------------------

<yawn>

TiredGuy

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you very much for the info. I'll try installing everything tomorrow. Hope it goes well.

·
Registered
973 Posts
How do I check what software version I have on my DTC 100. I can't seem to find it in the menu system and I don't have a manual since I got it open box. Is there some hidden menu screens that can be accessed on the DTC 100???? Thanks!

·
Registered
5,574 Posts
satpro,

The manual for the DTC-100 is stored on-line as a PDF file; drill into the www.rca.com site and you will find it.

I read it online before I bought one.

[RCA has been doing an incredibly good job with this stuff BTW. They are one of the few HD manufacturers to put their manuals online.]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.