AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just returned in town & found my DTC-100 making a wierd high pitch noise & it powers on & off & says "searching for satellite"... Has anyone had this problem? I purchased the unit in July. I called RCA & they said I'd have to pay them 129.00 to fix it due to 90 days warranty for labor. I wasn't too happy about that.

·
Registered
214 Posts
My DTC-100 started making a high pitched whine noise and shortly thereafter started powering itself on and off repeatedly. I called Thomson (RCA) who gave me the $129 story also, but promised to send me a replacement immediately. After waiting three weeks and after a handful of frustrating calls to customer service and one letter, I sent it off to Professional Satellite Repair ( www.psr1.com ) Turned it around in one day (power supply fix) and charged me $55.00.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Jon, I had the exact problem you did with the DTC100. RCA charged me the $129.95 replacement fee also. The replacement came and did not work. I sent the review board a letter stating that I wanted my money back. They sent a return label for the unit and a form to put inside. They received the unit on October 30th and just today I received the check for my purchase price minus tax. They keep the $129.95. Since the DTC100 has been discontinued they did not have any to ship at that time. I am afraid of what you may get as a replacement.

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
It took two replacements for me to get a working one. At last, I have one. The first one took 2 months, the second one came after 2 days.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.