AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a DTC 100 with firmware version 3.72 that I would like to upgrade to version 4 or better. Because I don't have a shot at the satellite from my house (can't clear the trees), someone else has connected my DTC 100 to his dish. He left it on overnight, but it still reads version 3.72.

What did we do wrong?

Thanks in advance for your help with this.

--Mike

·
Registered
50 Posts
Mike if all goes well under your options I think its assistance/upgrades if you got a good signal from the sat it should show if an upgrade has been scheduled. Mine scheduled itself within the hour after in connected the dish and the it did the upgrade early the next am.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,617 Posts
See below.

------------------

"better living thru modern expensive electronics"

tm

[This message has been edited by Ken H (edited 05-03-2001).]

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Ken H:
If it's turned on, I don't think you will get the upgrade.
I do not believe this is true. I have received all 3 upgrades and always had the power turned on.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,617 Posts
Sorry. I'll edit my post.

------------------

"better living thru modern expensive electronics"

tm

·
Registered
22 Posts
It took me four tries to get my DTC-100 to update.

First you have to have the right dish type selected.

It defaults to the oval dish and mine was hooked up to a round dish.

It had to be be turned on and receiving the preview channel.

You should get an pending update notice but the date/time could be totally bogus.

When it starts receiving the update be sure to leave it alone until you get a notice that the upgrade is complete, otherwise you might create a very expensive door stop. If I remember right, it took at least 20-30 minutes for the complete download.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Friends--

Thanks a million for all your help. We were finally able to get it to download last night. It was really strange, the old firmware would crash whenever I tuned in 480P multi-cast channels from our local PBS affiliate, and then NO audio would come in for any digital channels unless I performed a hard reboot. I'll be getting it back on Saturday. I wonder if verseion 437 (or whatever it is) will be better or worse?

--Mike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.