AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an RCA DTC100 ordered & have been reading this Forum attempting to read all views & information about this unit.

What I have not been able to discover is how am I able to know what update version I have.

Also does the unit only update off DSS?

Thanks to all who care to comment.

Bohunk

·
Registered
838 Posts
Yes it will only update off of the 101 sat.

To find out what version you currently have check Menu -> Assistance -> Upgrades -> Past Upgrade. If you see anything there that's the version you have. If not you probably have the initial version. I'm not sure what version that is. If you don't have the latest version (A05.10) it should be downloaded at night from 101. Leave the receiver on to be updated.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Updates are sent continuiously as part of the authorization/authenticaton data stream, if your unit detects a newer version in the data stream it down loads it at the first oppurtunity then ignores it till the next version gets on the data stream. During the download the receiver will put up an on screen message and lock you out till it is through with the download. It is ***HIGHLY*** recommended you do not interupt power during the download dire consequences are said to occur.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Thanks a bunch.

If something does go drastically wrong, I do have some recourse, but I have to bug someone to get the fix; I prefer not to, unless truly necessary.

Regards,

Tom

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I got my second DTC-100 last week. It came with version 40b. I connected it Friday evening. Saturday morning it listed that I would get an upgrade at 2:40 AM on Sunday, 11/18, and sure enough I now have A5.0.

SMK

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK I just recieved my dtc100 yesterday. I did the modification that keeps the unit from upgrading as I get the impresson that the new upgrade makes the reciever less sensitive. I am only using it at this time with my Cox cable system. I'm feeding it to my RCA Big Sreen Via SVHS.

My problem I get channel updates off normal TV with Cable directly connected to TV, But with Cable on Ant. A input I get no program Guides altho it gos thru the selection process & it picks up all the active channels on signal strength they all show N/A.

And yes I selected Get Off Air Guides.

Any Ideas Group

Bohunk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.