AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A stupid qustion need your help. I have a DTC-100 for sale(see classify ads). Since I used it for OTA only, I am sure it was never been upgraded. The question is, how I can check it? How do I know which version I have? Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
62 Posts
If you push "Info" and down on the control pad on the front of the unit at the same time, you can get into the service menu and it will tell you the hours and updates on your box.

·
Registered
108 Posts
press menu, 7, 7, 2..look at version number4.2 or less will work with h cards, 4.37 or above will work with hu cards. Much more valuable to work with h cards, if you do some looking around. Please reply to what version software you have....

·
Registered
108 Posts
40.b is good. It will allow a "hacked" h direct tv card to open all the channells, includung the 800-900 local channells. This type of receiver gets 450-600 on ebay. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
For those not interested in "hacking", verison 40b is NOT good. It does not have several enhancements including the improved signal timings to allow it to work properly with non-RCA brand TVs. The only practical way to upgrade the frimware version is to hook it up to a satellite dish pointed a the normal DirecTV satellite and let it sit overnight. You do not need a DirecTV account to receive the uppgrade. Good luck.

Jay

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.