AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After not turning my DTC-100 on for several days (I know, shame on me!) I went to look at some HDnet Friday night only to find that it won't power up. No lights at all.

After searching posts here I read about the interrupted upgrade killing some boxes but it seems when that happens the HD output light stays on. I have no lights at all. :(

I get no response from any inputs, on the box or from the remote. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Bruce

·
Registered
460 Posts
You might want to call RCA's tech support line. The 24/7 800 number is listed in the back of your User's manual. I had a similar problem and they walked me thru a reset procedure that solved my problem.

Good luck. Tell us what you learn.

Dave

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just plugged it in after leaving it unplugged since yesterday afternoon. No joy. :(

I don't think the fan is coming on either but it's hard to tell. I'll call RCA next.

And the last episode of Band of Brothers is on tonight. :( :( :(

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Still no joy. I called RCA and was told the only reset procedure was to unplug it for 10-15 seconds. The fan is definitely not coming on so I guess the power supply is dead.

Exchange unit on the way. $250.75, beats buying a new one.

:(

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Now that I have an exchange unit on the way I decided to take a look inside to see what I could see.

There is a fuse on the main power input on the power supply board. It's blown. It's also soldered in place and has no identifying marks on it so I won't try to replace it.

There are also several components on the power supply board that have obviously been rather hot. The board itself is brown in several spots.

I'm now confident that this failure IS NOT the result of an interrupted upgrade download. The unit was plugged into a VansEvers Model 85 power conditioner so I also doubt it was any kind of power surge either. It looks like it just took a sh1t.

RCA says 2-3 days to get the replacement so I'm not sure if I'll get to see the last episode of Band of Brothers in HD. Here's hoping it gets shipped quickly!

Bruce

·
Registered
460 Posts
A desperate man would go to his local Circuit City and purchase a new DTC100 if his replacement unit did not arrive in time to see B of B. He would then have 30 days to return it following the receipt of his replacement.

Ethical? Perhaps not. But desperate situations call for creative measures.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, I thought about that, and as much as I hate Circuit City I just can't bring myself to do this. Honest to a fault I guess. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.