AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the latest updates on this unit? Can it do 720p yet or is it still only 1080i capable?

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,617 Posts
In HD Monitor mode, 1080i only.

The last Upgrade with noticeable changes was well over a year ago.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Ken, do you know what the version # is of the latest update?

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Version A05.10. Mine was updated on 9/19/01.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,617 Posts
A05.10

But, this Upgrade did not produce any noticeable changes. The one just prior, A04.37, was the big one. It added the correct timing for non-RCA HDTV Monitors, remote HD Monitor on/off, and a few other tidbits.

Keohi HDTV has a great summary of the Upgrades here:
http://www.keohi.com/keohihdtv/hdrec...c-100tips.html

·
Banned
17,607 Posts
I just got a 169 modded Proscan, it does not even recognise sat c, and has a skewed image.

Can I get a software update somehow?

·
Registered
45,617 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by CINERAMAX
I just got a 169 modded Proscan, it does not even recognise sat c, and has a skewed image.

Can I get a software update somehow?
Two ways.

One; wait until DirecTV sends the Upgrade again. I was told this should happen soon, but that was last month, who knows when it will come again. I do know there are a number of users that are waiting for this to happen.

You could also call both RCA and DirecTV and hound them to make it happen. It couldn't hurt.

Two; contact RCA and make arrangements to send the unit into them for the Upgrade. This will probably cost you $, how much I don't know.

·
Banned
17,607 Posts
Thanks Ken, but regarding the mail in:

What are they going to say about the 169 time mod?

Will they even open the unit ?

·
Registered
45,617 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by CINERAMAX
Thanks Ken, but regarding the mail in:

What are they going to say about the 169 time mod?

Will they even open the unit ?
Hmmm, don't know about that one.

·
Registered
45,617 Posts
No, and to get an Upgrade, it must be done at an RCA service location. DirecTV no longer sends them.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Ken H
No, and to get an Upgrade, it must be done at an RCA service location. DirecTV no longer sends them.
And getting Thomson to respond to paddle upgrade requests is challenging, to the say the least. They repeatedly have told me they would call to schedule the upgrade, and I never hear back from them. I have called them every 2 weeks since the beginning of July to no avail.

·
Registered
6,846 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by XFactor
And getting Thomson to respond to paddle upgrade requests is challenging, to the say the least. They repeatedly have told me they would call to schedule the upgrade, and I never hear back from them. I have called them every 2 weeks since the beginning of July to no avail.
I really didn't have too much of a problem getting the upgrade. The first CSR I spoke with was very friendly and told me exactly what the upgrade entitled. Only problem was, the fax never made it to my service center. I called back a few days later (to Thompson) and they faxed it again. Two days later, I had the upgrade done, took about 10 minutes.

I did have to speak with level 2 to get them to re-fax the form to my local service center.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by XFactor
X,

I had mine done at Baratta TV in Scottsdale. It was a 3 month struggle to get the update though. I started in December of 2002 and it was done in March of 2003.

P.S. Mine has the dropouts on ESPNHD.

JG

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.