AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know why I can not get my Proscan w/built-in DTC-100 to rescan NBC and CBS to 4-1, 2-1 respectively? I was doing a rescan of NYC stations last night with off-air guides enabled and only Fox, Pix, ABC rescanned to their new digital designation. I can enter 4-1, and get NBC(CBS works also), but the receiver will not store 2-1 or 4-1 into memory in the PROFILES section. What am I doing wrong?

·
Registered
983 Posts
A couple of things to check...

* Before you do a scan make sure the tuning is set to 'air' and not 'cable'. For some reason it seems to default to cable, even after having been set to air before.

* Did you do a 'Complete Scan' or a 'Quick Scan'. The 'complete' seems to wipe out old scans while I'm not sure the 'quick' does.

------------------

Visit http://pub1.ezboard.com/fdigitaltele...isionnewsforum for news and information on DTV and HDTV

·
Registered
532 Posts
If your antenna is picking up the analog versions of channels 2 and 4 then you can't get them out of the channel scan if you are using the Off-Air Guides. I'm hoping a firmware upgrade will fix this but I don't know if RCA is working on it or will even put the time into it if they are developing a new box. I have my guides turned off because of this.

In the DC/Baltimore area we have analog stations 2,4,5,9, and 13 which have digital equivalents that the station engineers map back with PSIP, my UHF only antenna picks up all of these VHF analog signals so if I wanted to use the Off-Air Guides with PSIP then I would have to channel scan through the analog channel first and then the digital. Is this making sense?!?

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lee,

The problem may be in the software which governs the PRoFILES SECTION. However, what really confuses me is why the receiver can detect PSIP info for all the other digital channels (5,7,11), but ingnores the info for 2 and 4...thus only the anolog version is stored in the profiles memory. It is no major thing, it just creates a situation where I need to push more buttons to access digital 2 and 4. With the others, I merely push 5 and get ONLY 5-1 since that is what I've "checked" in profiles section. To get CBS digital in NYC I can either key in (2-1) or 56, even though neither of these channels are present in PROFILES section. The Profiles only enables one to use channel +/- to cycle through a list of channels created by the user without entering in the actual numbers. Sometimes, one but not both of these channels will appear in this section. Doesn't make sense...

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
CJ, try clearing the memory and just input manually the digital station. Check the profile you are currently using and make sure the every channel is checked for TV not Satellite. To clear the memory follow the link a put up and just input the digital first. Make sure you change the Acquire OFF air to NO then unplug you antenna and do a full search. This will clear the channel memory, then Turn ON Off air Guide and plug back in you antenna, DO NOT DO a search. Just add type in the digital number 53.1.

[This message has been edited by taron1 (edited 06-13-2001).]

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by John_D:
In the DC/Baltimore area we have analog stations 2,4,5,9, and 13 which have digital equivalents that the station engineers map back with PSIP, my UHF only antenna picks up all of these VHF analog signals so if I wanted to use the Off-Air Guides with PSIP then I would have to channel scan through the analog channel first and then the digital. Is this making sense?!?
Not really, John. In the PROFILES section, just checkmark ONLY the digital channels, therefore the analog channels will never appear when you use CH +/- ...only the digital channels will part of your profile. My problem is I can't seem to get the receiver to pick up the digital info for Channels 2 and 4 so I their are NO DIGITAL equivalents of these stations to be "checked" in the PROFILES section.

[This message has been edited by CJArciola, III (edited 06-13-2001).]

·
Registered
232 Posts
I assume you want a separate entry for the digital channel when it is mapped over an existing analog station. This is a know deficiency in the way profiles are handled. This is on the wishlist for the next firmware upgrade. It would be nice if there were selection boxes for all digital sub-channels. That way I could get rid the SDTV and data-only channels that get included in the profile along with the HD sub-channels.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Taron1...followed the method you outlined as well as in the link...worked like a charm. Now each channel has remapped to the digital equivalent and switching between channels requires only one number. Plus, no more unwanted analog channels are present in the Profiles section. Thanks for your help and thanks to everyone else...I would still have been floudering around. This method of aquiring digital channels should replace the one in the manual.

[This message has been edited by CJArciola, III (edited 06-13-2001).]

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for info, but I guess I didn't make myself clear. What seems to store in the profiles section is analog 2 and 4...not the digital. Therefore, I must always enter 2-1 to get the digital station. With others, I can just enter, say, 7 and the tuner will tune to 7-1. I can't understand why digital 2 and 4 don't appear in Profiles section, but ONLY analog 2 and 4 do. Do I make sense, or do I still sound confused?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.