AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to let you all know that the sync from the DCT100, through either the RCA or Key Digital transcoders, is incompatible with the SOny Grand Wega. The HD output tears at the top and is unstable.

I have tried all settings and both the RCA and Key Digital transcoders.

Anyone want to buy a DTC100 and VHDC300 in mind condition?

Sim

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same setup, have you found a solution? When I contacted RCA I was told there is a "known issue" with the Sony and the RCA.

Please tell me you found a way around this, Im not ready to replace my DTC 100, its only 3 months old...

·
Registered
29 Posts
I had the same setup.

The RCA and GW are incompatible and there is no fix to my knowledge, and I tried with both Sony and RCA.

Also tired a third party vga converter, same problem. I ended up selling my RCA unit and have a Panasonic HD unit now and works without any problem. And with the new patches it is almost twice as fast as the original

·
Registered
41 Posts
I've experienced the same thing. Three different Grand Vegas, three different DTC100, three different converters. Vega works fine with all the other HD boxes I've tried.

·
Premium Member
12,981 Posts
Have you tried the three different sync timings in the DTC-100. Normally tearing at the top is corrected by selecting fast or slow sync. The DTC-100 has three to select from. In addition, many monitors also have a setting for this. I know my old ECP-4000 projector does. Make sure you haver the latest firmware upgrade to have these adjustments available.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.