Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help with this?

I'm trying to set up the VCR controller on the DTC100. I have a Sony SLV-772HF VCR (1 year old). I'm trying the 3 codes that RCA provides 017,026 and 038 but none is working.

I checked the connections, location of the sensor and have the VCR playing. Is there something else I'm foregetting?

Also what is the best way to watch regular DBS...via the HD out or S Video?

Thanks Chris W.

------------------
www.DavidWright.tv

[This message has been edited by Intraview1 (edited 09-10-2001).]

·
Registered
183 Posts
This might not make you feel better, but I was unable to get the DTC-100 to control my JVC S-VHS VCR - none of the codes worked. I could get it to control my old Panasonic 4690 though.

Some obvious things to look out for:

1) If your software is older than A04.37, perhaps the VCR controller in the older software did not work correctly with Sony VCRs?

2) Make sure the VCR controller is working. Make sure the LED in the controller comes on when the DTC-100 is blasting IR signals.

3) Make sure the end of the controller is as close to the IR receiver on your VCR as possible.

4) If you have flourescent lights (or sometimes dimmed halogen lights), they can interfere with IR signals.

5) I'm out of ideas.

If you have a TV that supports HD out, then use it! It's much better quality than s-video.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Intraview:

I agree with Highwire's suggestions for the VCR, but mine didn't work either. (two different JVC models six years apart).

As to which is better, try it and see which you prefer. I actually prefer the HD for most of my DBS watching, but for some sporting events I prefer s-video. Also, there is an annoying artifact on Fox Sports Net hockey broadcasts (documented by other viewers as well) of a small black rectangle in the lower right portion of the screen visible only HD that disappears with s-video. So, try each and see which you prefer.

SMK

·
Registered
5,574 Posts
I had no trouble getting my DTC-100 to work with my JVC S-VHS machine.

I would be very surprised if Sony machines would not work with this. Sony has had fewer IR code sets than most manufacturers. So, there must be something else going on.

I would see if: the IR "mouse" is working, and do you have it located near to the IR receiver on the VCR; also is the VCR's IR receiver working (try the remote).

One way to test an IR transmitter is to point a video camera at it and look into the monitor. The video camera is sensitive to the IR, it shows up as a white light. Really a ghostly apparition.

Anyway, good luck.

Anyway, it's got to work

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You're right! Got it to work! On 038.

Not sure what was the problem. I checked that it was pluged in ok and relocated the IR 1/2 inch to the left. Maybe that was it?

I'd be sunk without this forum!

Thanks Again ...Chris W

------------------
www.DavidWright.tv

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.