AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the Yahoo forum, there are a number of posts regarding the poor OTA HD signal reception of the DTC100. Two posts relate to the Mitsubishi tuner being able to pull in stations that were marginal or erratic on the DTC.

In my case, I don't have the Mitsubishi, but on the DTC100, I receive Fox, ABC, NBC, WPIX, and ALL stations are in the high eighties, with only CBS being the exception (at a very marginal 39 to 40 average, with frequent dropouts; no amount of aiming or placement corrects this).

Two posts in my area note similar problems on the DTC100, but not with the Mitsubishi tuner. Does anyone know what gives??

Re the CBS difficulty, I continue to work on this; I am using a CM OTA Quantum antenna with a matching tuner.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the feedback. At least I can assume it may well be NOT the DTC100, but some reception/signal problem with cbshd in my area.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the feedback on the Sony...

I am completely confused.....only rational (?) conclusion is that the DTC100 is better is some situations and in others it is worse...

All I know is on this side of the woods, my DTC can't get an adequate signal ONLY for CBS (ie 56-1 here in Rockland Co. NY). Others (2) in my area note that their Mitsubishi in this same area gets adequate strength, while their DTC does not.

Are there any RCA people out there?????

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.