AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in the St. Louis area and can not receive channel 56(KMOV), but I am supposed to. I get the other 3 stations fine (31,35, and 43). I am trying to manually add it to the receiver list so that I can use the signal strength table to adjust the antenna. Does anyone know how to manually add a channel that does not come in during the intial channel search? I thank you in advance for your comments.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
You can not manually add a channel to the list. What can be done in this case is to manually enter channel 56. You should get a weak signal message. Then if you adjust your antenna and you hit a spot where it picks up KMOV-DT for a moment, it will be added to the list. After that happens you will be able to see signal strength readings.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Bob,

Short answer-no.

The DTC won't add a channel,analog or digital,unless there is sufficient signal strength.You'll just have to keep playing with your antenna till you get it to lock.

What are you using,how high is it,and how far is the station in question?

·
Registered
887 Posts
Bob,

Just read your post on another St.Louis thread.

According to that new Ardmann site(Arrrgh!),all your DT stations are city grade.You shouldn't need an amp or pre-amp.It might be causing problems.

Kmov-56 is ~112Deg.S.E.,in between35 and 43.

Have you checked all aspects of your install-coax,connections,etc.?

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by MAX HD
Bob,

Just read your post on another St.Louis thread.

According to that new Ardmann site(Arrrgh!),all your DT stations are city grade.You shouldn't need an amp or pre-amp.It might be causing problems.

Kmov-56 is ~112Deg.S.E.,in between35 and 43.

Have you checked all aspects of your install-coax,connections,etc.?
I was going to add that to my post in the St. Louis thread...but you beat me to it.

Bob - you shouldn't need an amp for your antenna. When I first got my DTC-100, I lived in Chesterfield and picked up a $15 double bow tie antenna from Radio Shack to play with. It picked up all 4 channels (adjusting for each one), sitting in a valley, lower level of an apartment complex. I tried using a variety of different amplifiers when I moved (Ballwin), and all they did was make the signal worse...much worse. I get all 4 digital stations locked in at 80-90 strength, with no adjustment necessary. A good yagi should get you all 4 without rotating.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I have a DTC-100 (and live in the St. Louis area) and I'm having the exact same problem BUT with channel 35 (NBC-HD).

I'll try removing my pre-amp tonight and see what that does...

·
Registered
6 Posts
I live on Long Island pulling UHF signal from Manhatten (Empire State building for WCBS ONLY since 9/11). As you most likely know, you must have a 30 percent signal strength to get a minimum picture. Since I'm 53 miles from NYC, I must use an amp. The secret of NOT over-modulating is to have the direct Yaki antenna (75ohm F connector) going directly to the amp with the FM TRAP ON. This provides stable reception. I have an adjustable gain so I tweak it to perfection.

-=*Sharby*=-

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.