AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering the purchase of a DTC100 with the idea of connecting my OLD (CLD-1070 - does anyone remember these ?) LDP as a 2nd video source and projecting via an XG85 onto an 80x60 screen.

This will be using the composite out of the LDP (that's all there is) into the DTC100.

Has anyone tried this combination ? Any specifics on the results ?

Thanks!

Best Regards,

Paul Bruckner

·
Registered
5,574 Posts
I have a DTC-100 and am familiar with the CLD-1070, still owning a CLD-2070.

The DTC-100 does snot have a composite (or S-video for that matter) INPUT. The only inputs are two RF inputs, and of course 1 DSS input.

Hence, if you were to connect your CLD-1070's RF output into the DTC-100, and tune everything to channel 3, it would work (at least after a fashion).

I doubt that this would be very satisfactory however. You are modulating/demodulating the output of the CLD. When I have tried this in the past with other equipment, the results are always very bad. I would think that connecting the CLD directly into your XG85 (which I assume has video inputs) would work better.

You can always try but I am skeptical. http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks rl,

Your correct regarding the lack of anything but RF. I'll give a shot just for the heck of it. And yes, the XG does have an input I can use directly from the LDP.

I was curious to know if the 540p output of the DTC100 would be worth using in this case.

Thanks again,

Paul

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,617 Posts
This has been tried with other sources, it does not work well. Too many up/down analog conversions.

------------------

"better living thru modern expensive electronics"

tm

·
Registered
50 Posts
I actually use the for watching my cable versus running composite video into my projector with accpetable results.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.