AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seem to have lost the 110 satellite signal, which I have been getting for a number of months now.

RCA DTC100 with Oval dish and LNB add-on kit. DTC100 dish type (still) set to "3 satellite" setting. Dish Pointing test shows no signal on 110: 101 and 119 are at their normal strengths. Channel 90 (and 543) shows "searching for satellite."

Debugging suggestions please. Is this something that a hard reboot may address?

jdg

·
Registered
50 Posts
Being unable to get the SAT C 110 I learned that transponder 26 is the one with the signal for channels 90, 543 and 400.

If you see this one beeping.... less than 70 strength.... you won't get a signal

·
Registered
82 Posts
Try rebooting your receiver by pressing the down button and power button at the same time for five seconds. It worked for me.

Steve

·
Registered
265 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Robert G
Being unable to get the SAT C 110 I learned that transponder 26 is the one with the signal for channels 90, 543 and 400.

If you see this one beeping.... less than 70 strength.... you won't get a signal
I believe this is incorrect. Their are only 3 active transponders on the 110 satellite: 8, 10, and 12. DirecTV channels 90 and 543 are on the 110.

Channel 400 comes from the 119 (Sat B).

I don't understand the "beeping" or the "less than 70 strength" comments - I can get a signal when my SS meter shows 35. . :confused:

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
An update:

With no intervention on my part, it decided to start working again yesterday. Maybe I have a bad wire and/or lose connection on the Sat.

jdg

·
Registered
50 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by LarryC
I believe this is incorrect. Their are only 3 active transponders on the 110 satellite: 8, 10, and 12. DirecTV channels 90 and 543 are on the 110.

Channel 400 comes from the 119 (Sat B).

I don't understand the "beeping" or the "less than 70 strength" comments - I can get a signal when my SS meter shows 35. . :confused:
You are right...

I just received my new Zenith HD SAT520 and it clearly showed the 3 active transponder as you rightfully stated. - in my case no signal...

The information I had came from DirecTV tech support... Morons...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.