Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a "problem" that may be OUR "problem."

Once or twice a night my DTC100 tells me that the program rating has gawn above the level I set. I have a seven year old, so I do use the parental controls that the DTC100 offers. I have the program guide feature turned off, for now. This is occuring on one station only (DTV 39-1 ABC WFTV Orlando [AKA 9-1])

This "change" in content rating alwas occures just before the cut to a local studio NEWS person insert, those 15-20 second promos for the upcomming 11:00 pm NEWS. Since the timing of the shift in content ratings level corresponds closely with this event, this may be OUR "problem." Set your DTC100 to one of the children's level ratings and see what happens.

Please let me know what you think, and I'll help if I can.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A day later and nothing from anyone, so this is a unique problem??

·
Registered
490 Posts
Since your local news insert is from a different source than the program you are watching it probably has an inadvertant rating attatched to it that exceeds your setting. Your local station may be attatching an "NR-mature" or similar rating without even knowing it.

It might be the default on their equipment.

Or, your receiver is temporarily losing rating info when the switch occurs and assumes a "bad" rating.

I never block any material, but I also don't have kids, so I really have no experience on this.

I might give it a test.

------------------

-Jr.

·
Registered
983 Posts
The problem may be what you have set to happen if NO rating information is transmitted. TV news is exempt from the content ratings and most stations transmit either 'Not Rated' (no rating information being set out) or a 'TV-None' (ratings data sent, but not defined) ratings.

------------------

Visit http://pub1.ezboard.com/fdigitaltele...isionnewsforum for news and information on DTV and HDTV

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.