AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently own a DTC-100 that I use for OTA HDTV and for NTSC cable (since it creates the nice side gray bars on my 16:9 PrincetonGraphics AF3.0HD set).

Is the NxtWave 2000 chip used in the accessDTV a better chip than the chip in my DTC100? Should I expect any differences in reception?

Any other reasons not to switch from DTC100 to accessDTV (and its recording capabilities in a HTPC)?

Thanks.

------------------

Stephen Baker

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
I have the DTc100 and the AccessDTV card. My reception with AccessDTV is slightly more stable than the DTC100, but they're fairly close.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Are you having reception problems with the DTC100?

If not, then it doesn't matter if the AccessDTV receiver is better.

Also, why get rid of the DTC100? Keep it so you can watch one while recording another (or for DirectTV if you have that).

I also have a DTC100 and will be getting a HiPix in a few days (what could go wrong?). I will be using an automatic VGA switcher (Kramer VP-211 from Markertek.com) to route the active signal to my TV.

BTW, I consider AccessDTV's encryption of free over-the-air TV to be just plain wrong and would not buy it unless it was the only game in town. But that's just me.

------------------

STOP DVI/HDCP; Boycott JVC

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.