AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've exhausted my search to see if anyone else has this problem, but found only one post.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...100+canada+vga

Basically, the problem occurs in the start up screen, right after the dtc100 is plugged in (but not powered on). I can see the vertical lines very well in svideo, but with vga port the lines are fuzzy (like having the sharpness down to zero). Are these vertical lines normal or does my unit need repair?

·
Registered
660 Posts
Ok, I'm curious.

Do you see problems when the unit is on? I'm not sure the unit is even sending an image out the s-video or VGA port without the unit being on. I think the blue screen you are talking about may just be the blue screen of your tv. I'm not an expert, but the image distortion (if you want to call the blue screen and image) may be due to your tv picking up RF or whatever off the lines that are connected.

If your image when running the unit is fine I think you are good to go...sit back and enjoy...

EAS

·
Registered
82 Posts
i got ride of the dtc100 since i kept having problems more and more and bought the mitsi hd400 i cant be any happier

find out if you can do the same... how old is your unit?? whered you buy it from???

·
Registered
973 Posts
I have tried 3 different DTC 100s and all have had this problem. RCA denies this problem exists and I am pissed. It is worst on the svideo and comp outputs but the VGA is also having the problem. I see this on all HDTV stations when graphics or brilliant colors are up and like you stated it is most noticeable on the blue start up screen . This problem sucks and RCA refuses to acknowledge and fix it.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks you all for the replies.

Eddie,

Are you saying you never have this problem? What is a ground loop (Hum)? It sounds like you are describing an audio problem, not video. How did you rectify this situation? I spent about 2 hours searching on this topic, but only found few related posts.

Satpro,

Sad to say, but glad to hear I'm not alone. That sucks that RCA denies the problem.

Loudsystem

Did you have the same problem I described above? How did you get rid of your unit? Ebay? The unit is about 6-7 months old bought from copperbox.com.

EAS

The lines are there whether the unit is on or off. They are not as noticeable in vga output as svideo or composite. The blue screen is definitely not from the tv. My vcr also projects a blue screen, but it's very clean with no visible lines. When I pick up RF signals, there is a "snow" effect running from top to bottom (from my computer and unshielded extension cords). When my computer is not on, the "snow" effect disappears. I suspect that RF is not related to the vertical lines.

·
Registered
82 Posts
theres a local electronics place i do ALOT of bizz with so they took it back hehe.. i had it since jan :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.