Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help!

The video on my DTC100 started shutting off and on when viewing standard feeds (non-hd). The sound is still there, so I'm not losing the signal. The screen starts to break up into tiny scan lines, then the DTC100 "clicks" and it goes black. A second later it "clicks" again and come back on. It repeats this at various speeds.

I'm viewing DirectTV with the DTC100 in HD Monitor mode, connected to an RCA VHDC300, whichs connects the RGB outputs to a Toshiba TN55X81. Everthing worked fine up until a few weeks ago.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

·
Registered
660 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by terrymharper:
Help!

The video on my DTC100 started shutting off and on when viewing standard feeds (non-hd). The sound is still there, so I'm not losing the signal. The screen starts to break up into tiny scan lines, then the DTC100 "clicks" and it goes black. A second later it "clicks" again and come back on. It repeats this at various speeds.

I'm viewing DirectTV with the DTC100 in HD Monitor mode, connected to an RCA VHDC300, whichs connects the RGB outputs to a Toshiba TN55X81. Everthing worked fine up until a few weeks ago.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Interesting. On first thought it sounds like it may be crapping out. Check the signal strength and make sure it's over 75. Sometimes the dish will move on it's own ...I would then check your connections...might as well disconnect and reconnect things attached to your DTC. With the unit plugged in listen and see if the fan is still working. If it has stopped working maybe you have a heat problem. Does the cut out problem happen on all Directv channels or just some of them?....and another question..and don't be offended...you are a directv subscriber and using an unmodified access card "as far as you know"? When the unit "clicks" does the HD light on the button go out?

Let us know how it goes..

EAS

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No offense taken! It's a valid card.

The signal strength is fine and it doesn't seem to happen on all channels and it never happens on HDnet or HBOHD.

I've already tried reconnected the whole setup. I'll check the HD light and fan when I get home this evening.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just remembered something that may or may not be related, but the outcome is very similiar.

When I first got my setup I played around with the centering adjustment on the back of the VHDC300 and if you moved the picture too far it would kill the video. It clicks and goes black just as it does now.

??

·
Registered
660 Posts
I can't help you with that piece since I am using VGA-5BNC..but it sure sounds like something to check into...things drift over time...

Hope it's that simple...

Cheers

EAS

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
could be bad video amp component in the composite video output stage. the HD video has seperate video amplification. has to be in video stage somewhere as sound and signal are not interrupted from your description of the problem. If unit is under warranty best to take it for service/replacement..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.