AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I recently bought the Hughes E86, and am very pleased. The integrated program manager gives access to local analog, local digital and dtv listings. I like the caller id option and the RF remote too. Good luck with your choice.

Hughes E86 - $474

Hitachi 60" RPTV

RCA Transcoder for HTPC

·
Registered
5,897 Posts
Bought mine at Best Buy last week for $479.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hughes E86 in EBAY is $429.00 with Oval dish and a 5x4(New Subs Only) Not a bad deal, i just picked one up and am awaiting arrival :)

·
Registered
405 Posts
snagged a floor model DTC100 from BB for $249, so yeah i like the DTC100

..when 4th/5th gen comes along with HD rec capabilities then i'll jump

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Is the integrated guide for cable, OTA digital and satellite on the Hughes, similar to that on the Sony HD-100? Is their cable tuner decent?

I have an HD-100 that continually locks up on me. Been back to Sony several times, and even been replaced by them. Considering the Hughes, but don't want to lose any of the functionality I have on the Sony, particularly the integrated guide.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
For those of you who bought at best buy, did you have to sign a contract or use credit card, or is it cash-n-carry for that price.....i have to drive over an hour to a best buy and i hate to get there and they say "sorry mr. allen you seem to live in an NRTC area and you have to buy from pegasus."

·
Registered
173 Posts
I bought my Hughes from Best Buy and pegasus is my provider and they didn't say anything about me being in a NRTC area. I activated my receiver today and pegasus didn't say anything either. Now if I can just get HDnet to come in.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.