AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just saw this newer edition and I must say that most of the shots looked very good on my VW10HT. There were lots of film artifacts, no less....20th Century Fox should be assamed for treating their film stock so bad. However, the transfer of what they had to work with was very good on more than a few occasions...I was suprised! good colors/lack of EE, etc...Does any of you concur with my findings?

·
Registered
404 Posts
Agreed. Sorry, I don't have much to add. I didn't listen to the DD track, but the DTS track sounded quite good despite being an 80s movie. I think this movie is a case of Fox not finding this movie worth the time to add EE to... thank goodness.:D

·
Registered
8,441 Posts
I agree also. The source is not the best film stock and it was not restored but the picture quality is excellent nontheless. No EE or digital artifacts. This title has almost no extras except for a trailer and 2 more DD 2.0 soundtracks. At 107 minutes if all available space is used it would be a "superbit" type title.;)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks....It sounds like my viewing "eye" is getting pretty good....I can really see big differences in dvds now....StarWars 1....what a joke...

·
Registered
136 Posts
brotherthx,

I was quite delighted when the DTS anamorphic came out, I got it on ebay. The previous version was letterbox and I own a 16x9 TV. I love so much that movie! I saw it in a movie theater when it came out! I was quite exciting to see and hear the tremandous difference it made on my 42" screen when the characters are not stretched and the DTS track makes you feel beeing part of he action...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I agree,

I did a search on predator and found that some people were furious over this dts anamorphic version....? I film stock was poor, but the transfer of the film was done beautifully. I know these things...the sound? Well, much MUCH better than the original stereo LD...A little unbalanced with the music sountrack at times, but overall an ok track....it really wasn't that spactacular to begin with...

I give this DVD a 3.5 out of 5 stars.....they could have included some nice extras, which us predator fans were hoping for.

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
When is "Preditor 2" coming to DVD? Danny Glover played his part really good, in this second installment, its too bad the actor who played the predator Kevin Peter Hall died of AIDS. I guess they can't find anyone to fit Stan Winstons suit designed for Hall. How about Clint Eastwoods thriller "Firefox" and, and, and.:)

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
PREDATOR: 2 disc special edition in 2002, PREDATOR 2: SE in 2003

if I am correct. but double check.

source: digitalbits I think

the lastest edition of PREDATOR still proves the film elements need a SERIOUS overhaul.......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.