AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I "fork over a fortune and a half" on a new Pioneer VSX-47TX I was wandering if anybody could answer the following 2 question?

My HTPC uses an Audigy Platinum card. Will the card pass both DD and DTS signals to the receiver for decoding?

My MOBO is an ASUS A7V-266E. It looks that my "Italian" connection may be able to get me the daughter board (i.e. S/PDIF-out Module) for the above MOBO. Assuming the answer to the first question is affirmative, which of the 2 (i.e. Audigy vs ASUS) will yield the best results?

Thanks

Renato

·
Registered
407 Posts
I use an original SB-live platinum with my A7v-266E and it works ok. The onboard 6 channel audio (havn't tried any add-on to get SP/DIF, didn't know it existed) is terrible. The SB Live is 'ok' but my M-audio card in my HCPC is so much better! I've relegated my Creative card to gaming stuff only.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just wanted to add one more piece of info:

I will be using the HTPC system exclusively (or almost) for playing DVDs.

Thanks

Renato

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am using my Audigy platinum optical out only to connect to a DD/DTS receiver.

Ok, if the SPDIF of an audio card is used, why would it make any difference which card one would use (i.e. M-audio, Audigy, Fortissimo etc)? Isn't the SPDIF just "passing thru" the signal? Are we saying that one card "passes" the signal better that an other?

TIA for the clarification

Renato

·
Registered
93 Posts
Quote :

The SB Live is 'ok' but my M-audio card in my HCPC is so much better! I've

relegated my Creative card to gaming stuff only.

nutcase,

What do you mean by better ?

Does M-audio spdif quality is so impressing compare with SB Live! ???

What do you use for the test? CD-Audio or DVD?

Share us your system detail.

Ciao,

:cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.