Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

It's old news but I got a DTS Demo #5 DVD yesterday. Gladiator opening battle never looked so great on DVD. Super high resolution and detail. Besides the P&S HBO HD version, it's the best picture I'd seen. The Chicken Run clip also looked stunning. Both clips looked way better than their movie DVDs. Besides, the U571 clip ROCKED my small room! Wonderful stuff! :)

The JP2 clip is better than the movie DVD but still looked VERY poor compared to others.

regards,

Li On

·
Registered
29 Posts
How do you get a DTS Demo Disc? I looked on the DTS website and couldn't find any info.

Thanks...

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I think I've heard that these discs can sometimes be found on eBay, but I'm not sure of the original source for them.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by JEFatBWI
How do you get a DTS Demo Disc?
I bought a DTS demo disc directly from the online store at the DTS site. Don't know the number, it's the one with clips from The Haunting, Dances With Wolves, the Eagles HFO concert, etc. They stopped selling that one quite awhile ago, and I haven't seen any others for sale there. I think most of these discs are given to dealers and others in the business at trade shows.

·
Registered
125 Posts
It's usually pretty hard for people to get the DTS discs because DTS doesn't license them for resale. The disc #4 mentioned above was the only one they were able to get the ok for every track. They are usually only available at their booth in CES.

Kevin D.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.